Skip to main content

I UNDER-RATED HER


Yes, I under-rated her.

Of all the things I expected her to do for me, she couldn’t manage to get some of them right which was enough to piss me off.

I took her annoyance in the form of offence and felt proud about how much smarter I am than her, courtesy of all the sacrifices she went through to give me more than what I deserved.

She always helped me get through the tough times. If not by lending a hand but being my emotional support. I might have made a greater equation with some of my best friends but when life gave me the toughest of the situations, she was the one who came to my mind first.

I had reached to an age where I always had an answer for her question by discounting the fact that her point was not to conquer the situation but to make me teach a lesson out of it. Simply, I ignored her and that explains my arrogance.

Will it count as a co-incidence if every morning, in order to get me the best toast, she ate the burnt one in the process?

 And I would simply skip the food as I was getting late.

 Her quest to feed me the better toast hence failed resulting in doubting herself. But she never asked back. She never could have asked back.

YES MOTHER….I HAVE BEEN THAT BAD TO YOU.

Remember the time? When I would always make you my mutual person when it comes to ask for money from dad abut if he hesitated to give, your savings came to the rescue. Because my one night of partying would conciliate you more than what your one session of parlour would.
“Brow-plucking can wait for another month” you would say to yourself witnessing how that smile on my face diminished your quest to look younger.

Getting into my teenage, I presumed a single woman’s love is not enough for me anymore. So I went out of the house in order to find out someone who can be as good as you.

You see there? Never got time to respect your love but made sure I needed someone who can be “as good as you.”

It was about time when life taught me a lesson, the harder way. Simply, no one is and probably will never be able to be as good as you, willing to be as kind as you, willing to love me like you do and the most important thing-

Willing to sacrifice for me as much as you do.

And all my life, I scorned all of these thinking there goes no pain in order to do so much for your family and expecting nothing in return.

Mom, how can it be possible that when we go out to eat, the cheapest on the menu seems to be your favourite one?

How can it be possible that my 10k phone would bluff me to wake up early but not you, ever?

How can it be possible to feel the pain when it was me who was suffering from it?

How could you even know that the girl I liked who didn’t seem to feel the same way I do, has hurt me just by holding my pillow at the morning?

Mother’s day was a week ago and your son could never come up with something on time. And I know you would still love him the same way.

I want to say sorry for being a nuisance to you all my life and ignoring all the little things you did that turned out to be the biggest thing someone could have ever asked for.

And I want to thank you for always sticking to me despite me not being to the best of my behaviour at some moments which might have really hurt you and I promise to never let that occur again.

I HAVE LEARNT MY LESSON THE HARDER WAY. And I won’t regret for what it taught me.

P.S- since my selfie game has never been much high, I thought probably this would be the only way I can wish you HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY…..well BELATED HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY ACTUALLY.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice.... looking forward to read more blogs
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaustubh Paira said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaustubh Paira said…
Thanks for your response. i will definitely try to live upto it....HAPPY READING
Unknown said…
Great job bro..keep it up..
Kaustubh Paira said…
Thanks Anis 🙂

Popular posts from this blog

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

It was the day. She was returning to the city after two long years from the states, we school friends had organized a reunion for her. Things did change quite a bit for her. Good dressing sense, more classified personality from before and yeah, that accent. Nobody was eager enough than me for her to come. Five years of schooling together but I never told anyone about my feelings for her. Never after the moment when she once punned on me that I was more like a brother to her. Instagram-proof that she is dating back in the US and was pretty much committed to her guy.   Didn’t affect me much. I have been used to these pain ever since she left us. It was just that one-sided love which kept me thinking about her more often. As I was talking about her improved dressing sense, she lightened that already enlightened evening with a red backless dress she wore.   Damn, am I the only one who fell for these girl?   She came in and started hugging all of her friends. I was standing

THE UNEXPECTED CLIENT (Part-1: The Visit)

I checked my watch. It was quarter past 5 and I was ready to call it a day. It has been hectic than usual. Not that therapists have any particular season of clients coming up a lot, but affording a breath for myself seemed a tough job that day. I picked up all my stuffs and was about to leave when I heard a knock on door. “Are you Dr Wills?” the person enquired. “Yes I am. And you are?” I asked him.               “Your client for…I don’t know how long.” “Look sir, I don’t think if I am left with any appointment for today so I would really appreciate if you can…” “Hasn’t the hippocratic oath been in your practice lately? Because I can clearly see you breaking it.” He interrupted subtly. People over here never talk to me like that. I have no pride for the profession I am known for but dealing an absolute deadpan was not how I expected to end my day. What sort of depression can he be into? I thought of letting go of his behaviour and sit with him for a session. The fami