Skip to main content

WHAT IT TAKES TO GET A REPLY?


Probably, an ounce of EGO I guess. Or at least, something worthier enough than to revert to the person who might be waiting out there for that one “TEXT” back.


In this generation of texting and multi-media we have somehow managed to put those good old post-mails and telegrams out of service. We did succumb to this texting and SMSing game quite shamelessly and apologetically. And in the midst of all that, we did realized that our value in some other’s perception is based on the amount of ignorance we throw to them by not responding to a message-
like a girl to that “friend-zoned” guy
like a guy to that “annoying” cousin or WORSE
like a grand-son to his needy folks

Everyone has their side of story to tell. They say they were too busy to respond but weren’t busy enough to unlock their phones, then checking the person who sent it, reading that message to the whole and then deciding to not reply back.

Sure, the message wasn’t important enough to reply back to the person or at least asking them to wait for a response in a while. But in the end, they expect them to understand the situation even if it would have taken just a minute of their time to revert back or simply tell them, “I am busy. Let’s talk later.


Now, every person’s self-analysis suggest that maybe their act of not responding back will show how well they are occupied in their own skin or how much busy they are with their life to respond to a simple text. And this issue is not limited to a certain age-group. “TEXT-ZONED’ is for real and exists along every person out there. Probably, you are now enjoying that guilty pleasure of not messaging someone back but next thing you know, you are falling a victim to it. And not trying to be mean, but let’s just admit it,

 A PERSON IS PRONE TO JUSTIFY HIS/HER SELF-RESPECT TODAY BY IGNORING THE OTHER PERSON ON THE MESSAGING FRONT.

These topic is neither thought-provoking, nor any kind of first-world problem, but the way social media has taken a storm in our lives, I guess friendships, relationships are all held together by this tender thread of communication, which we keep together by communicating or tend to break it up with no response on a deliberate basis. This resulted in me losing around a dozen of contacts last year.


This blog has nothing to be called as an example but just to get a clarity on what runs into the mind of the person behind the screen. I am just addressing this because, just like myself, a friend found it hard to accept that people’s bewilderment is superior to the interest in responding back.

No one’s asking for a reply back. But just don’t be that oblivious person. Just tell them you’re not interested or talking to them is not worth your time. Simply, they wouldn’t be ever left with a question that why on earth that person would ignore them and stop bothering you from the day after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I UNDER-RATED HER

Yes, I under-rated her. Of all the things I expected her to do for me, she couldn’t manage to get some of them right which was enough to piss me off. I took her annoyance in the form of offence and felt proud about how much smarter I am than her, courtesy of all the sacrifices she went through to give me more than what I deserved. She always helped me get through the tough times. If not by lending a hand but being my emotional support. I might have made a greater equation with some of my best friends but when life gave me the toughest of the situations, she was the one who came to my mind first. I had reached to an age where I always had an answer for her question by discounting the fact that her point was not to conquer the situation but to make me teach a lesson out of it. Simply, I ignored her and that explains my arrogance. Will it count as a co-incidence if every morning, in order to get me the best toast, she ate the burnt one in the process?   And I would s

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

It was the day. She was returning to the city after two long years from the states, we school friends had organized a reunion for her. Things did change quite a bit for her. Good dressing sense, more classified personality from before and yeah, that accent. Nobody was eager enough than me for her to come. Five years of schooling together but I never told anyone about my feelings for her. Never after the moment when she once punned on me that I was more like a brother to her. Instagram-proof that she is dating back in the US and was pretty much committed to her guy.   Didn’t affect me much. I have been used to these pain ever since she left us. It was just that one-sided love which kept me thinking about her more often. As I was talking about her improved dressing sense, she lightened that already enlightened evening with a red backless dress she wore.   Damn, am I the only one who fell for these girl?   She came in and started hugging all of her friends. I was standing

THE UNEXPECTED CLIENT (Part-1: The Visit)

I checked my watch. It was quarter past 5 and I was ready to call it a day. It has been hectic than usual. Not that therapists have any particular season of clients coming up a lot, but affording a breath for myself seemed a tough job that day. I picked up all my stuffs and was about to leave when I heard a knock on door. “Are you Dr Wills?” the person enquired. “Yes I am. And you are?” I asked him.               “Your client for…I don’t know how long.” “Look sir, I don’t think if I am left with any appointment for today so I would really appreciate if you can…” “Hasn’t the hippocratic oath been in your practice lately? Because I can clearly see you breaking it.” He interrupted subtly. People over here never talk to me like that. I have no pride for the profession I am known for but dealing an absolute deadpan was not how I expected to end my day. What sort of depression can he be into? I thought of letting go of his behaviour and sit with him for a session. The fami